Cumbria Alcohol and Drug Advisory Service
Our award winning Understanding and Working with Addictive Behaviours Course is designed for anyone who wishes to work one-to-one with clients through our adult recovery service.
- Building relationships, rapport and empathy
- Working within an ethical framework
- Self-awareness and reflection
- Use of therapeutic models such as Motivational Interviewing, Transactional Analysis, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Neuro Linguistic Programming, Mindfulness
- Time to practice therapeutic skills
To attend this course you must be willing to commit to a potentially challenging journey of self-discovery and be willing to volunteer your time working 1-1 with people for at least a year after the training.